Water Level Indicator Project Features:
- Easy installation.
- Low maintenance.
- Compact elegant design.
- The Automatic water level controller ensures no overflows or dry running of pump there by saves electricity and water.
- Avoid seepage of roofs and walls due to overflowing tanks.
- Fully automatic, saves man power.
- Consume very little energy, ideal for continuous operation.
- Automatic water level controller provides you the flexibility to decide for yourself the water levels for operations of pump set.
- Shows clear indication of water levels in the overhead tank.
Water Level Indicator Project Block Diagram:
Water Level Indicator Project Circuit Diagram:
Water Level Indicator Project Description:
- A constant 5v power supply is given to the microcontroller and rest of the circuit from a battery.
- The tank has 9 conductive type sensors (other types of sensors have been mentioned earlier but in our project only conductive type are used) embedded into it and 8 wires of sensors out of 9 are connected to transistors and the 9th is connected to 5v+ supply.
- The use of transistor is it acts as inverter (i.e. in on state gives low voltage at output and in non conducting state gives high voltage at its output), all transistors outputs are connected to 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 pins (PORTB) of microcontroller.
- Seven segment display is connected to pin no. 33 to 40 (PORTA). It is connected in common cathode fashion.
The Output for the 7th level is not only shown in seven segment display but also indicated with a discontinuous buzzer sound.
- Output for the 8th level (i.e. tank full condition) is not only shown in seven segment display but also indicated with a continuous buzzer sound.
- There is no water available in the source tank.
- Intermediate level i.e. either of 3rd to 7th level.
- There is ample amount of water available in the source tank.
CONDITION 1: Water not available
CONDITION 2: Intermediate levels
CONDITION 3: Water full
The microcontroller checks if the tank is full if the condition is satisfied it indicates the same on display unit and also sounds a buzzer if the condition fails it checks if the tank is filled upto level 7 and this process continues and the corresponding level is indicated in the display unit.
Conclusion and Scope:
Applications of Water Level Indicator:
- Automatic Water level Controller can be used in Hotels, Factories, Homes Apartments, Commercial Complexes, Drainage, etc., It can be fixed for single phase motor, Single Phase Submersibles, Three Phase motors. (For 3Æ and Single Phase Submersible Starter is necessary) and open well, Bore well and Sump. We can control two motor and two sumps and two overhead tanks by single unit.
- Automatic water level controller will automatically START the pump set as soon as the water level falls below the predetermined level (usually 1/2 tank) and shall SWITCH OFF the pump set as soon as tank is full.
- Fuel level indicator in vehicles.
- Liquid level indicator in the huge containers in the companies.