After upgrading its highly popular orkut to compete with Facebook, google is changing its gmail to coupe with the highly popular twitter. Google is a undeniable presence in the world of internet and buzz is their new product.Working directly inside Gmail, it can pull content from Twitter, from Flickr, and from various other popular social sites from across the web. Social services supported are Flickr, Twitter, Picasa Web, YouTube, Blogger and any feed connected to your Google profile (like your blog). By this move google can gather the social networking market from all over the world to google.
The features of buzz as said from the google head quarters are
1. Friends are added automatically who you have emailed on Gmail.
2. It combines sources like Picasa and Twitter into a single feed, and it also includes full-sized photo browsing.
3. Public and private sharing so that you can decide who and what to see.
4. Inbox integration. Buzz features emails that update dynamically with all Buzz thread content.
5. Recommended Buzz -puts friend-of-friend content into your stream, even if you’re not acquainted.
It can be seen as combination of facebook and twitter .It has the private aspects of facebook and the public aspects of twitter ie we can publish our updates as public or private. In twitter and facebooks we cannot get the updates of friends of friends. In buzz they suggest a recommended buzz, by this feature we can get good buzz even if it is not from our friends. Buzz will also try to find boring buzz and automatically collapse bad buzz.